Monday, October 20, 2008

Restful Weekends

this past weekend i did absolutely nothing except sit myself down and play some WoW and watch TV...ALOT! hahaha! Got alot of WoW things done tho...Hallow's End event started on Saturday so had to make my rounds and go trick'er treatin at all the inns for some candy....grouped up with some guildies and killed the Headless Horseman and then grouped up with dave, rom, jo and john to kill him a couple more times to see if he would drop something good. Got some rare rings and a pumpkin helmet (none of them which will benefit me though, sadly. The event lasts 2 weeks so I've got until the end of the month to see if I can get that flying horse mount to ride around in.

....and well, I did get some laundry done...but that was about it.

I have to say it's been a very long time since I had a weekend just to myself and not have any plans to go anywhere...I'm not usually an introvert however i do need it from time to time to regain my sanity...

Now it's back to the weekday grind...pummeled by tons of email, buried under mountains of files, and helping the auditor(s) understand how we recognized revenue on various deals...sarbanes oxley stuff...all the auditors come out quarter end..it was so much easier when we were a private company but hey, i'm not knockin the benefits of being part of a public one.

oh!...and Barack the vote!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Baking is very theraputic.
Like say a pumpkin pie maybe. lol!

ItCrashed said...

good to be part of a successful organization in these hard times.

good thing you are no longer in yahoo...lots of layoffs in the news.

heard some good and bad things about the expansion pack.

daphne said...

yeah i'm sure there are definitely some good and bad things coming my way with the expansion pack....they're already patching and making tweaks on everyone...we'll see...i'm sure it won't take away from the gameplay though...blizzard is pretty good about that..

mmm...baking...maybe i should bake something tonight...