Creating Heirlooms
This morning, as I was looking thru my jewlery box that Beka gave me, I noticed a necklace that I received from my elementary school best friend, Cathy, buried under all my other necklaces. It's gold and I don't really wear alot of gold (not my metal of choice) but as I was looking at it I really couldn't believe how long I've had it....prolly 20 years?
It's so cute. While probably not the most expensive necklace and almost certain it's not real gold (elementary school ya know? ...however nickel free! woot!) It has two gold birds (doves i'm assuming) holding a heart with two little hearts dangling from the middle one. I love it...so I'm wearing it today and loving the memories that come with it...
I'll keep it forever and give it to someone special when i'm old and gray :)
1 comment:
it's amazing. such a small piece and the flood of memories. i think it's great that you'll share it too in the future.
Post a Comment